Are you a QC Manager with experience in materials testing who is looking for a challenge and an opportunity to lead?
Take on the leadership of Massachusetts' first construction materials testing laboratory -- a company with a big history and a small business environment that works on some of the most historic buildings in the U.S. (including the White House!).
In this role, you work on some of the most iconic buildings in New England and direct all aspects of this 5,000 sq. ft. in-house laboratory and in-field services.
The Materials Testing Lab's QC Manager is responsible for the supervision and management of all aspects of this concrete, soil, structural steel, and rebar-testing, laboratory. You will oversee quality control, safety, accreditation, certifications, standards of practice, and on-time and on-budget delivery of services. You will also supervise a team of 7 and lead hiring / staffing for the Lab.
This is your opportunity to:
- Lead the day-to-day scheduling and supervising of lab staff
- Coordinate services, quality control, and training of Construction Materials Testing Laboratory staff, both in-house and in-field
- Research and compose lab job proposals
- Oversee organization and maintenance of laboratory equipment and premises
- Interpret and endorse reports and test results according to national industry standards
- Ensure laboratory services meet high standards of practice and compliance
- Coordinate with engineering and finance teams
- Report directly to the CEO
What you might bring:
- BS in Engineering, Materials Science, or Construction with three years of experience in a managerial position performing tests on concrete and concrete materials, including two years as a laboratory technician/supervisor OR eight years of soil/concrete and asphalt field and laboratory testing experience, including five years as a technician/supervisor.
- Familiarity with Mass State Building Codes.
- Must be able to interpret the results of tests on concrete and concrete aggregates as stated in ASTM E 329-07.
- Ability to lead staff of approximately six technicians working on diverse tasks in a small-team project environment
- Ability to be a dedicated team player with strong leadership and communication skills.
- Proficient in MS-Office programs and document transfer software programs
- Must be able to pass a CORI background test.
- Must have a valid U.S. drivers’ license with a clean record and a reliable means of transportation.
If this sounds like you, please send MS copy of your resume to IntWork.com