Our client is looking for a Process Engineer to play an important role in the Operations function.
This technical expert provides leadership, direction, and technical skills to optimize operational performance (safety, production, quality, and cost objectives). This is achieved through aggressively resolving “process issues” that cross operational, materials, and equipment boundaries, and applying Continuous Improvement and Lean techniques.
- Uses technical knowledge of applicable manufacturing operations, processes, materials, and equipment, to produce high-quality advanced wound care for patients.
- In cooperation with cross-functional resources, develop and implement a continuous process improvement program for assigned machines to optimize Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Waste, and Cost performance.
- Makes a cooperative effort to find optimal process, materials, equipment, and operational solutions to complex manufacturing problems.
- Analyse machine efficiency and identify and implement corrective actions to these issues.
- Provide process expertise and liaison with Engineering and R&D resources for machine modifications, rebuilds, product upgrades, trials/machine tests, and capital projects.
- Act as a resource to machine teams for technical problem solving and application of analytical methods.
- Work as necessary, with material suppliers and their technical staff to optimize the ability of the material to run.
- Link with Corporate resources as necessary.
- Assist in the development of the annual preventive maintenance program.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2-3 years of experience with applicable manufacturing processes, equipment, and materials.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in Lean problem solving tools and techniques preferred.