Are you skilled in being the primary point of contact for clients, subcontractors and internal stakeholder teams to execute the projects successfully.
Are you a Finance and Administration professional with strong technical accounting and IT systems skills and success leading ERP implementation projects and leading Accounting/Finance teams?
If so, this position may be for you....
We are seeking a Director of Accounting and Finance to work directly with the company's CFO and Controller to optimize the performance of the Finance and Accounting team.
This position supports the Controller and company leadership by developing and maintaining financial reporting tools to guide sound financial decision-making by company and business unit leaders.
As Director of Accounting and Finance, you will lead the company transition from its existing accounting software to a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. You will also be responsible for the day-today finance and accounting functions of the company’s commercial business unit, which accounts for roughly 50% of the company’s business volume.
Finally, the Director of Accounting and Finance will be there to support the Controller and CFO, including taking on A/R, Billing and Collection oversight tasks.
- Create and maintain financial reporting tools to assist management to make good financial decisions.
- Lead company ERP implementation process, including:
- Business needs assessment
- Software due diligence, evaluation and selection
- Project management
- Consultant selection and management
- Human resource planning: IT and business unit leaders
- ERP transition, implementation and user training
- Manage day-to-day accounting functions of commercial business unit, including:
- Cost Accounting
- Revenue Recognition, Work in Process, Percentage Completion
- Development Asset Accounting
- Support Controller to provide accounting oversight of general transaction flow
- Support Controller to monitor A/R aging, provide A/R, billing and collection oversight to business unit leadership.
- Support Controller to lead and manage Finance and Accounting team, including recruiting, training, mentoring and performance monitoring.
- Support Controller with other Finance and Accounting management tasks, including:
- Develop /implement Accounting policies/procedures
- Establish/monitor internal controls
- Facilitate annual audit and valuation
- Optimize cash cycle to minimize risk and maximize cash flows
- Prepare budgets; collects, analyzes, and consolidates financial data; recommends plans.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline; CPA preferred
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably with comprehensive knowledge in the energy sector; more specifically renewables
- Strong computer and data skills, demonstrated success in ERP implementation
- Understanding growth in a progressive industry and reacting to changes.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a member of a collaborative team as well as proven leadership skills
- An open approach to the work and systems to help the team think outside the lines as needed
- Promote profitability and long-term business health for a 100% employee-owned ESOP
- Proven track record successfully Managing Processes, using / implementing Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analyzing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management