As the Continuous Improvement Champion for the organization, you will champion the organization’s continuous improvement culture. You will do this by coordinating, initiating, leading and facilitating improvement programs and activities. You will be responsible for the development of programs that educate teammates about continuous improvement concepts that lead to the identification, development, and implementation of improvements throughout the organization. Your activities will be expected to result in improved safety, productivity, quality, and cost. You will also have direct responsibility for the organization’s Environmental Health & Safety to ensure a safe working environment which prevents injuries, accidents and illnesses in the workplace, as well as, compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements and occupational safety and health (OHS) guidelines.
Functions & Responsibilities
In the role of Continuous Improvement Champion you will:
- champion the company’s Continuous Improvement efforts leading us to ever greater performance in all areas of the business.
- lead continuous improvement project teams on strategic projects.
- inspire and teach others to lead improvement efforts, including training on effective tools for successful project leadership.
- deliver technical expertise and training to the organization on statistics, Six Sigma methodology, tools and practices.
- review the company’s business processes with a focus on enhancing effectiveness and benchmarking with Industry Best Practice.
- identify ongoing lean improvement training needs and assist with developing and implementing the required training.
- ensure that appropriate safety and ergonomic processes and methods are being utilized.
We need someone who :
- is outwardly passionate about Continuous Improvement.
- is a strong leader.
- is imaginative and creative in your thinking about what is possible.
- has talent to engage, inspire and motivate a cross-functional team with members from all levels and areas to reach beyond where most thought possible.
- has a solid understanding of continuous improvement concepts including Six Sigma, Lean, Problem Solving, value stream mapping.
- has strong analytical skills.
- has excellent project management skills; adept at organizing and planning the use of time and people.
- has must possess excellent communication abilities; written and verbal.
- Track record (5-7 years minimum) of development and implementation of a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Proven applied experience with Six Sigma methodology and techniques such as (Kaizen, 5’S, TPM, Kanban, Policy Deployment, etc.)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt preferred.
- Proven analysis and presentation skills including use of common tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience preferred.
- BS, BA or similar degree with an emphasis in manufacturing, or equivalent is desired