We are helping one of our Tech clients find a Business Development | Sales | Marketing professional who can learn their highly technical application that their customers use to support their business operations. To support this work, we are looking for someone who can help advance our support, research, data management, and lead engagement and qualification.
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for a wide variety of inside sales and marketing support activities for our client's SaaS software firm in downtown Portland, Maine. This position reports to the Director of Business Development, and works directly with the Sales and Marketing team. Ingenuity, enthusiasm and strategic thinking, an eye for detail, quick learning, prioritization and self-organization are important to this role.
Our ideal candidates will have at least 2-5 years of direct sales, sales support, or customer service experience, and will be interested in using their strong writing and technical software skills to:
- UNDERSTAND: Work with all departments internally to become a product expert
- QUALIFY: Probe to understand prospects' business challenges and lead value-based conversations uncovering answers to key questions surrounding needs, metrics of success, budget, etc. Serve as initial qualifying point of contact for inbound web and demo inquiries, with timely and situation-appropriate follow up.
- EDUCATE: Educate prospects about our GIS platform and clearly communicate the product value to their organization.
- DOCUMENT: Document all leads, prospects, and inquiries in CRM. Curation, research, and data entry to maintain a high-functioning, high-quality CRM database.
- SUPPORT: Support Sales team efforts during trade shows and client visits as needed, including delivering technical pre-sales product demonstrations
- PROPOSE: Generating templated proposals or other business development materials
- SCHEDULE: Formulate targeted, in-person demos and prospective client visits in selected cities/markets in consultation with the Ownership Team
In addition, the candidate will assist with the following marketing
Desired Skills and Experience
- Funnel Building Research - monitoring news in the market
- CRM Database Management and Curation
- Direct Mail and other campaign support
- Work with marketing team to author and co-create marketing content/copy as needed
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience; SaaS experience a plus
- Experience in conducting technical software demonstrations
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Phone skills are a must – if you have “phone fear” this position is not a good fit, as our team often communicates complex information over the phone and via video conference tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direction on multiple tasks concurrently
- Flexibility and adaptability, with an eye for new technologies – rapid uptake/learning
- Proficiency with GSuite and all basic office software; ability to learn new apps quickly
- Experience with CRM and Support platforms, i.e. ZenDesk
- Experience in customer service, help desk or sales support in a software context
This is a full time salaried position with competitive compensation based on experience. We also offer a total benefits package and a creative, collaborative, and flexible work environment.
We will consider remote work for the right candidate - please specify "remote" when applying.