The custom order buyer is designed as an entry-level purchasing role. You will execute system driven demands for custom size materials from authorized vendors. You must be detail-driven, organized, and responsive and l interface with vendors as well as internal customers from multiple departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Custom order product ordering. This encompasses the cycle from system report generation, purchase order generation, purchase order placement, order acknowledgement processing, and vendor follow up as needed.
• Updating internal customers on delivery status and details.
• Expediting orders as required.
• MRO Request Processing
• Inventory Receipt Posting
• Basic Supplier Management
• Suppler Monitoring
• Other duties as required
• Ability to focus on multiple projects at once and to trouble shoot problems quickly.
• Ability to work under pressure, effective at handling stress and tight deadlines with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to learn new information systems and to use those systems to improve processes, efficiency, and business results.
Summary Minimum Education & Experience Required
• LEAN or Continuous Process Improvement is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.