Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs administrative duties in support of attorneys in the IP Practice area. Maintains positive contact with client and co-workers, and observes confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
- Open new client matters and maintain files;
- Format and file U.S. and PCT patent applications and attend to new electronic filings;
- Prepare formal documents such as Declaration/Power of Attorney and Assignments;
- Report patent filings status and other documentation updates to clients as necessary;
- Respond to formal Notices such as Missing Parts & Corrected Application Papers;
- Attend to preparation of Informational Disclosure Statements and electronic filing;
- Assist with preparation of Office Action responses and attend to electronic filings;
- Correspond with foreign agents and clients concerning actions due;
- Maintain attorney docket and calendars to ensure deadlines are timely met;
- Review official Letters Patent and attend to corrections if necessary; and
- Attend to transfer of patent files and maintenance of off-site storage including physical and electronic files.
- Other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or Associates degree with relevant work experience
- Minimum of 3 years patent prosecution experience, preferably in a large law firm or in-house legal department
- Knowledge of U.S. and foreign patent filing and prosecution
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, standard patent docketing systems, and standard document management databases preferred