We have an opening for a Director of Independent Brands who will oversee multiple independently branded businesses in Maine and New Hampshire. This is a senior leadership position within the company and reports to the Chief Corporate Development Officer. Our company has recently acquired several independent businesses, and the Director of Independent Brands will work with the Chief Corporate Development Officer to define the future vision for these businesses and will be responsible to drive transformational initiatives to integrate, optimize, and grow them. This individual will have full P&L responsibility. Location for the position is flexible, and is ideally located at our corporate office in South Portland or one of our businesses in Southern Maine or New Hampshire.
The Director of Independent Brands is a key member of the Company’s leadership team and is responsible for leading a unique segment of the Company’s operations. This positions manages several General Managers who are each responsible for one of the independent businesses we have acquired. This position is key to transforming the businesses to a unified vision and growth plan, while preserving individual business elements that are unique and critical to current success. This is a role for an experienced business leader who has strong P&L experience, has successfully transformed businesses in the past, and can effectively lead others through change.
- In collaboration with the Chief Corporate Development Officer, develops the strategic vision and plan for the independent brands, and owns development and execution of transformational initiatives to integrate, optimize, and grow the businesses.
- Leads and manages the successful integration of any new independent brands acquired.
- Works closely with direct reports to effectively execute the vision, fulfill strategic objectives, achieve performance targets, and meet profitability goals.
- Reviews and approves annual operating and capital budgets, reviews monthly performance with each business, and works with General Managers to resolve variances and improve performance.
- Develop and implement key KPIs and metrics to transform and continuously improve the business.
- Drives future growth of the company through eCommerce, digital marketing, social media, technology and automation, and owning and enhancing the customer experience.
- Mentors and develops direct reports (General Managers) through coaching, providing performance feedback, and offering advice to foster professional growth and development.
- Collaborates effectively across departments to execute strategic initiatives.
- Actively involved in achieving the Company’s strategic plan as a member of the Leadership Council.
- Instrumental is formulating and establishing policies and procedures. Sets a high standard and strives to uphold the integrity of the Company’s practices.
- Promotes culture of safety, and works with Director of Risk Management and Safety Manager to identify areas needing attention and develops and executes plans to address.
- Maintains an understanding of all federal and state laws and regulations including those specifically pertaining to petroleum distribution and service.
- Assumes leadership roles in trade associations and community non-profits as opportunities arise.
- Participates in special projects as needed.