This is an individual contributor position that blends financial and technical expertise to develop and perform moderately complex analyses under the supervision of a financial analysis director.
The candidate will collaborate with subject matter experts throughout the company, provide quality financial analytics, and exercise judgment to drive optimal solutions for various financial and business issues and areas.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
• Analyzing operational and financial data by applying basic statistical and actuarial methods in order to provide recommendations for appropriate action. Preparing and delivering related reports in consultation with business partners internal and external to the Finance department.
• Extracting and transforming data from existing data stores to perform analyses at manager’s direction. Occasional development and maintenance of consumption-level data assets to support such analyses may be required.
• Actively partnering with functional areas throughout the company to seek out and generate improvements to business processes that drive increased business value.
• Supporting development and maintenance of measurement frameworks that improve the company's ability to quantify value generated by business processes and strategic initiatives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, verify, reconcile, and present financial and operational metrics related to specific lines of business and/or operational areas. Maintain control and accuracy over reporting by identifying discrepancies and their cause; provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Proactively identify and communicate process inefficiencies with recommendations for remediation/enhancement to management. Lead implementation of enhancements identified.
- Maintain integrity of data in various systems and data assets that support financial areas.
- Extract, transform, and analyze financial and operational data, provide recommendations for appropriate action, and prepare related reports in consultation with business partners.
- Demonstrate ability to utilize resources and produce results to solve problems or issues with minimal support.
- Accept responsibility for outcome of his/her own efforts.
- Partner effectively with management and colleagues internal and external to Finance to provide solutions that deliver business value.
- As issues are identified, effectively communicate and proactively recommend the most appropriate/effective resolutions and then present effectively to management and peers.
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of our insurance products, services and business processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field such as Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar field.
- Zero to three years comparable work experience.
- Proficient in SQL and data analysis skills. Familiarity with SAS and other statistical analysis packages a plus.
- Experience with statistics and financial theory.
- Ability to link understanding of business processes, business drivers, and changes to other areas, financial results, and trends.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and negotiation skills. Adept at handling group dynamics.
- Experience navigating change in a positive way.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Highly motivated individual able to take actions to solve problems/issues with guidance from manager.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with guidance from manager.
- Intermediate Excel skills with proficiency in other Microsoft Office programs, PowerPoint and Word in particular.