Are you skilled in a broad range of accounting functions? Have you worked with international NGOs? If so, this temporary Accounting position may be a great chance for you to establish your accounting profession in the U.S.
As Staff Accountant, you will:
- Conduct prepaid account and bank and account reconciliations, track cash management, post payroll to general ledger
- Process accounts payable.
- Serve as a backup to other finance staff.
- Maintain daily cash management spreadsheet
- Reconcile domestic bank accounts for corporate, local, and international divisions.
- Process accounts payable, wires and ACH transfers
- Enter / approve cash receipts and accounts receivables
- Prepare monthly invoices.
- Perform monthly and quarterly reconciliations to supporting documents for bank, payroll withholdings and other balance sheet accounts as assigned.
- Process journal entries as assigned.
- Approves. A/P entries in Black Baud.
- Support month end and year end close process. Manages work schedule to ensure. compliance with month end deadlines and timelines.
- Prepare materials for financial statements for our clients.
- Assist in our annual audit.
- Clerical duties as assigned (copying, scanning, etc.).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting from an accredited university is required, however, an Associate’s degree or equivalent related work experience (minimum of four  years) may be considered, preferably with a non-profit organization..
- 2-3 years of experience as a Staff Accountant with general ledger and accounts payable duties is required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail are essential. • Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills are a must
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure is required. Must be deadline driven and proactive, requiring minimal supervision.
- Must have ability to multitask and react positively to changing priorities.
- Candidate must have effective organizational and time management skills.
- Detailed knowledge of all current Microsoft Office software programs is essential as well as experience with Blackbaud financial NTX management software is preferred to perform the work.
- Bilingual (French, Spanish, or Portuguese) skills preferred.
This job is full-time temporary, M-F days, with 2 days (optional) at home and 3 days in the office in Augusta and pays $19.50/hr.