Are you a Lead Senior Software Engineer with full-stack development and team leadership experience?
In this role, you would be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the features that power our proprietary global broadband GIS platform, helping us deliver the next generation of GIS fiber management software internationally. You will also provide mentorship and coaching to your multicultural peers and provide subject matter expertise across the organization.
We built our unique GIS platform on open-source libraries and tools hosted on AWS cloud infrastructure, using Node.js, Vue.js, PostgreSQL, and RabbitMQ. We use Agile Development Methodologies and Vagrant, Docker, Python, and Github Actions.
What you will work on
- Lead the design and development of features for our web based fiber management platform, and enable our customers to design, sell, and manage their next-gen broadband networks
- Provide subject matter expertise of technically challenging GIS-based systems including state of the art tile servers, fiber network models, and interactive maps. All built on open source libraries and tools
- The direct mentorship and coaching of peers across the department
- Significant coordination with product managers on backlog and roadmap planning utilizing a strong understanding of business needs
- Support of the production systems that serve our global platform by triaging bugs and application performance issues, and participating in on-call rotations
Why this position may interest you
- You create a collaborative, positive, and supportive environment, and want to help build our culture of learning
- You enjoy mentorship and coaching and can elevate the people around you
- You are excited about working with small teams and early stage companies
- You want to work on meaningful projects that have significant social impacts
What we're looking for from you:
- 6+ years API development (Node.js and Express.js preferred)
- 6+ years advanced experience designing and maintaining relational data models and writing performant SQL queries.
- 1+ years experience mentorship and coaching of peers
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to provide high quality constructive feedback
- Commitment to the continual improvement of a system’s architecture and the team
- Love of work cross-functionally and a readiness to jump in and contribute wherever necessary
- Ability to handle change and manage risk or uncertainty
What skills are helpful
- Experience working with spatial data (PostGIS)
- An understanding of frontend mapping technologies (Leaflet, MapboxGL.js)
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
If this sounds like a fit for you, please upload a copy of your resume at www.IntWork.com
and we'll reach out to you to discuss. Thank you!