Are you an experienced construction / civil engineering professional who:
- Wants to have an impact on the success of civil constructions?
- Understands roadway and utility engineering and construction?
- Communicates well and has solid writing and math skills?
- Enjoys interacting with and directing others on the job site, including inspectors and contractors?
- Sees oneself as the successful candidate who will lead and oversee all inspection activities?
If you said yes to the above questions, please read on for the qualifications we are seeking:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in the engineering or construction field.
- NETTCP paving certified or ability and desire to get certified.
- Able to understand and interpret contract documents.
- Able to make sound decisions based on experience and contract documentation.
As a Construction Inspector, you will be:
- Inspecting, testing, measuring, and documenting quantities and closeout for the project.
- Having direct communication with the contractor as well as provide oversight of the contractor’s work.
- Working beyond eight hours per day and beyond 40 hours per week is typically required for this position. Time over 40 hours is compensated at time and a half. Night, weekend and holiday work may also be required, but is not currently envisioned.
- Traveling to the job sites in Maine.
If this sounds like you, please upload a MS word copy of your resume to IntWork.com
. Thank you!