We are looking for a Business Development Consultant who will be responsible for developing strong relationships with existing partner accounts to drive brand loyalty and increase the partner's ability to generate sales. You are responsible for the strategic development of broker franchises within the IDI (individual disability insurance) marketplace.
This individual promotes sales process capabilities within partner accounts and expected to identify IDI sales opportunities. This position requires a balance between driving the IDI Operation’s business objectives and influencing the partner account’s sales & administrative organizations. This role is part of a career path which leads to career advancement in the organization.
We are flexible on location and open to reviewing candidates who are willing to work from one of our home offices or Field Sales Offices. We are also open to candidates who are fully remote.
Primary Duties & Accountabilities
- Partner with Operations, Marketing and Sales Organization to develop partner organizations and drive an increase in sales in the marketplace.
- Develop strong relationships within partner account organizations to drive brand loyalty and increase partner’s ability to generate sales.
- Develop processes and procedures that can be institutionalized within partner organizations that will lead to the identification of strong IDI opportunities.
- Create, manage, and distribute success metrics through activity and pipeline tracking.
- Deliver performance improvement and benchmark studies.
- Complete ongoing strategic analysis of assigned relationships to identify changes in markets, new trends, and provide up to date programs and appropriate support.
- Leverage business intelligence including industry segmentation, trend analysis, in-depth broker analysis, employer prospecting, etc to identify market growth opportunities.
- Assess local office capabilities and engage local teams to ensure consistent execution using a variety of business intelligence and external trends.
- Participate in meetings and regular calls with sales and service teams to accelerate and maintain focus, communicate results and solicit input on initiatives and strategies.
- Achieve objectives through consultation, negotiations and positioning of Unum offerings within profit and product design guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 2 + years experience in a sales or service environment preferred.
- Strong relationship development skills and ability to foster a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to analyze raw data; ability to produce detailed reports and analysis.
- Strong ability to manage projects including tracking and implementation.
- High level of organization, implementation/execution and project management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Strong ability to think and implement strategically and tactically.
- Superior ability to communicate, influence and interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Meets the standards for this position, as defined in the Talent Management framework.
- Ability to obtain a license to solicit insurance in the states within assigned offices.
- Excellent telephone communication skills: ability to develop relationships with clients over the phone; active listening skills.
- Ability to excel in a highly charged, fast paced environment, handling multiple, often competing priorities.
- Superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to present a leadership presence with internal and external partners with strong ability to create relationships and be a team player.
- Willingness to travel.