Perform a variety of duties and build member relationships founded on trust by providing quality member service with the highest degree of accuracy and professionalism. Responsible to assist the manager in daily branch operations and supervision of Teller and Member Specialists in a mid-size (Tier 2) branch. Provide sales leadership and guidance to the team. Assist the Branch Manager with goal attainment. Responsible for opening new accounts, processing loans and cross-selling products and services to existing members. Monitor service and sales quality levels and mentors staff to achieve goals. Responsible for coaching/disciplinary actions for staff under the guidance of the Branch Manager. Handles all member interactions/transactions in a professional, courteous, and confident manner to provide an extraordinary member experience.
- Independently lead the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager including goal attainment, operational soundness and performance development of the branch staff.
- Coach the staff on a regular basis to improve their sales/operational skills for the betterment of the individual/team/credit union
- Assist membership with all duties as a Member Service Representative. Including processing/closing all loan types and opening new accounts.
- Accountable for leading team in maintaining Teller Referral productivity requirements, as well as the attainment of assigned goals. Works with Head Teller, if applicable, to monitor the Teller and operational activity, including such items: quality of transactions, member traffic volume, teller errors, referrals and sales.
- Able to perform all duties in the Teller capacity to provide back-up and assistance as needed.
- Underwrite or process loans within with in approved authority.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs as obtained from member interviews and/or review of member’s accounts. Provide consistent, exceptional quality service to the membership in order to build long term member relationships. Required to participate in group telesales and service follow-up events from time to time.
- Coach staff to operate consistently with our Bank's vision, mission and core values.
- Assist Branch Manager with marketing/community events.
- Uphold the professional image of the credit union in areas of communication, dress code, and appearance of the teller and lobby area.
- Supervise or assist the head teller, if applicable, with the activities of the teller operation area by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive member relations problems, explaining policies and procedures to employees or members, etc. Be available for supervisory overrides, check approvals, and member error resolutions.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge on related policies, procedures, and rules and regulations including robbery procedures. Must be familiar with aspects of BSA reporting. Ensures on-going compliance with audit procedures and other applicable guidelines.
- Open/Close the branch; adheres to all credit union security procedures during this process.
- Handles/Follows up on member grievances and research items in accordance with credit union policy.
- Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Adhere to all security procedures and regulatory guidelines for Regulation CC, the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA Patriot Act/Customer Identification Act (CIP). Maintain confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information
- Perform additional duties as may be assigned by management.
- High School graduate, though a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university is preferred. Banking certifications and related course work are a plus.
- Strong leadership and management skills, preferably with three-to-five years showing increasingly responsible supervisory responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated for sales, prospecting, sales planning, selling to member needs.
- High energy level with excellent presentation skills.
- Exemplary professionalism.
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable
- Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds