The Bank Teller will processes member transactions face-to-face for a variety of routine to more complex financial transactions including but not limited to check cashing, withdrawals, and deposits.
This position is accountable to balance cash drawers and assists members with basic product information. and also expected to exhibit exemplary service standards by minimizing wait times as well as accurately.
In addition, this role will efficiently process member transactions while providing extraordinary member experience in addition to recognizing referral opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Greets members and provides extraordinary member service by meeting all member expectations as they relate to relatively straightforward inquiries, with the support of more experienced personnel.
· Processes regular Teller transactions for Members including servicing Member accounts, accepting loan payments, cashing checks, verify currency, balancing cash drawer, night deposits, correct discrepancies and make necessary adjustments. Balance Automated Teller machines (ATMs) and Teller Cash Dispensers (TCDs)/ Teller Cash Recyclers (TCRs) as necessary.
· Educates and engages Members in conversations regarding their current and future financial needs and educates them on our products and services.
· Promoting and cross-selling credit union services as determined by department goals and rally/promotional challenges.
· Open new accounts and service existing accounts. Set up new account files and provide members with all necessary information for membership. Remain well versed in CIP/BSA policy and procedure.
· Promote credit union products and services based on member needs as obtained from member interviews and/or review of member’s accounts. Provide consistent, exceptional quality service to the membership in order to build long-term member relationships. Required to participate in-group telesales events from time to time to generate leads for specific product lines.
· Maintain a comprehensive knowledge on all of Company's products and services
· Open, submit and close consumer loan applications. Originate Auto RV, Personal, Share Secured, Overdraft Lines of Credit, MasterCard applications and Home Equities. Cross-sell mortgage loans and forward quality leads to the Mortgage Originators.
· Responsible for upholding Company's security policies and procedures.
· Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Adhere to all security procedures and regulatory guidelines for Regulation CC, the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA Patriot Act/Customer Identification Act (CIP). Maintain confidentiality of current, past, and potential members and their personal and financial information.
· Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
· Must be able to work Saturdays.
· High school Graduate, though Bachelor degree from a four year college or university preferred
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Schedule flexibility
· Positive, energetic and motivated
· Prior sales experience preferred
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable
- Normally standing on the teller line on a regular basis
- Ability to lift up to 55 pounds.