Assist in the maintenance, repair, and cleanliness of all vehicles, buildings, bulk plants and grounds. The responsibilities of this position will be carried out with particular attention to maintaining company property and representing the Company well.
1. Washes vehicles on a daily basis to assure clean vehicles that will present a quality company image.
2. Buffs and polishes truck tanks, painting certain truck parts, and aiding in routine maintenance.
3. Assist in moving, loading or lifting appliances, tanks, and heating equipment.
4. Assists the mechanic as required in maintenance and repair
5. Embraces growth opportunities that involve cross-training or supporting other departments as needed.
1. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
2. Assist drivers with delivery of petroleum products when necessary.
3. Deliver petroleum products when necessary (assumes appropriate licensing)
4. Participate in special projects as necessary.
There is frequent contact with the Delivery Driver Manager, drivers, and district staff.
High school diploma or GED is preferred. Some vocational or technical training is desirable.
No experience is required. However, a familiarity with shop equipment and a mechanical aptitude are preferred.
Certification and Testing:
May have a Class B Commercial Drivers License with hazardous materials, air brake, and tank endorsements.
Most hand tools, shop tools, yard tools, and high pressure truck wash equipment.
The tasks for this position are routine and specific instructions are given.
This position must be aware of slip and trip hazards and utilize proper lifting techniques. A familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for various shop related chemicals and petroleum products is required.
Other Attributes Required:
This position requires an individual willing to accept and follow instructions, be a team player, and work well with others.
Most of the day is spent inside a repair garage or outside doing physical labor. There is frequent contact with petroleum products, fumes, and cleaning solvents.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
• The position requires frequent standing. The position also requires some walking and occasional sitting.
• There is occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
• There is frequent use of the hands/arms to reach, feel, handle, push, or pull.
• There is frequent communication involving both speaking and listening.
Weight or Force Moved:
Frequently this position is lifting from 0 to 25 pounds. Occasionally the individual must lift weights from 25 pounds to 75 pounds or more. Help is available for lifting very heavy objects. If task involves assisting Drivers, Laborers must be able to pull a delivery hose (a weight of up to 75 lbs. - up to 150 feet an average of 30 times daily).