Safely, efficiently, and courteously delivers petroleum products to residential and commercial customers. The Delivery Driver position reports to the Delivery Driver Manager and is responsible for delivering petroleum products to residential and commercial customers. The responsibilities of this position will be carried out with particular attention to maintaining customer property and representing the Company.
1. Performs a safety check of the delivery vehicle on a daily basis reporting any items needing repair.
2. Safely and productively reviews daily manifest, loads truck, and makes deliveries according to federal and state regulations and company policy.
3. Follows all established delivery standards with emphasis on customer service, efficiency and productivity.
4. Attends and takes an active role in delivery driver meetings (huddles).
5. Effectively communicates with Delivery Center dispatchers and routing specialists. Proactively reports any customer concerns encountered or other problems encountered.
6. Maintains a neat personal appearance including a clean uniform.
7. Attains a thorough understanding and becomes a proficient user of the Raven handheld device.
8. Promotes good customer relations by professionally interacting with all customers and by respecting customer property.
9. In accordance with Company pledges and guarantees, maintains a clean and organized truck stocked with appropriate tools and safety equipment. Takes responsibility for adhering to truck safety standards.
10. Participates in night and weekend on-call schedule.
11. Primes furnaces for customers who are out of oil or performs leak test and lights pilot for customers who are out of propane.
12. Embraces growth opportunities that involve cross-training or supporting other departments as needed.
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Drivers frequently deal with customers and other employees (dispatchers, service technicians, other drivers, and office personnel). These interactions will be timely to allow for appropriate follow through. Drivers will show empathy where appropriate. Customer comments and concerns will be directed to relevant parties to permit timely follow through from relevant parties.
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Delivery drivers must be at least 21 years of age. At least one year of previous truck driving experience is preferred.
Certification and Testing:
Class B Commercial Drivers License with hazardous materials endorsement is required.
CETP training and certification is required to deliver propane.
Apprentice oil burner license is required for oil delivery drivers who prime furnaces.
All delivery drivers must be able to pass a D.O.T. physical.
All delivery drivers are subject to pre-employment and random drug testing.
Delivery vehicle and hose/nozzle, loading rack, priming equipment, wrenches, safety equipment (glasses, gloves, hard hat, shovel, speedy dry), and chock blocks.