The Project Coordinator position is responsible for assisting project managers and design engineers in executing the lifecycle of an IT project from defining the initial scope of work, communicating with national sub-contractors, and delivering project documentation as needed to parties involved. This role will be responsible for keeping project information organized and aiding project managers with scheduling and project execution. The Project Coordinator will interact with project managers, internal resources, customers, subcontractors and distributors to collect and provide required project information to assist with managing the expectations of customers, subcontractors, and other third party organizations to ensure customer expectations are being met and/or exceeded.
- Assist with generating proposals in response to customer requests by interpreting customer requirements.
- Create and update project documents using Visio, Excel, CAD, and MS Project as needed.
- Update company operating software for quote status, new opportunities, progress billing, documentation management.
- Order materials through distributor partners.
- Schedule manpower with subcontractors.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, subcontractor, and distributors.
- Assemble final close out documents such as cable test reports, photos, as-built floor plans.
- Assist with coordinating service requests as needed.
- Manage subcontractor database and documentation.
- Manage manufacturer warranty program as needed.
- Strengthen customer relationships by being responsible, accurate, helpful, and trustworthy.
- Proactively look for opportunities to provide more value-add services to assigned customers.
- Maintain customer profiles and standards documents to ensure accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Experience with construction project environments. Must be customer service oriented.
- Deadline focused. Detail oriented. Responsive. Happy. Helpful. Accurate.
- Communicate effectively via email and phone.
- Experience in IT industry a huge plus (basic concepts of cabling, phone systems, data networking)
- Problem solver and creative thinker
- Detail oriented to keep all parties informed accurately and keep all project information updated
- Experience with proposal writing and maintaining a CRM database.
- Proficient in applications such as Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, Microsoft CRM.
- Self-starter and opportunity seeker to take initiative and generate opportunities within customer base
- Able to assist with researching solutions that meet new customer requirements
- Team player that will jump in whenever needed to make things work.
- Basic computer proficiency.