Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of administrative and secretarial duties in support of attorneys, paralegals and other support staff members. Maintains positive contact with client and co-workers, and observes confidentiality in all client and firm matters.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and interpersonal skills, including, maintaining positive contact with clients, attorneys and co-workers.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player. A can-do attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate needs of attorneys and paralegals.
- Strong technical aptitude. Intermediate Microsoft Word skills required. Advanced Microsoft Word skills preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and databases.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail to ensure the highest quality work product for the client.
- Ability to work independently and locate information from internet, court and other public sources.
- Strong multitasking skills. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Knowledge of general office or law office policies and procedures which enable the production of thorough and accurate results with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing computer applications.
- Ability to proofread typed materials for contextual grammatical, typographical and spelling errors.
- Proficiency with office equipment, including printers, copiers, transcription machines, label makers, etc.
- Three to five years relevant law firm experience
- Ability to work more than 37.5 hours when required to complete specific projects or tasks