What will you be doing?
- Monitor water treatment plant processes and equipment both manually and via SCADA automation, making adjustments as necessary to control their operation.
- Monitor remote pump stations with inspections and daily sampling as required.
- Perform water quality sampling, testing, and analysis to determine compliance with federal, state, and EPA standards.
- Operate, maintain, control, and perform routine repair of plant equipment, including preventive maintenance duties. Establish, maintain and control flow through the water treatment process and into and within the distribution system.
- Utilize software programs for maintenance work orders and maintains all necessary records.
- Perform general maintenance duties of plant and other assigned duties.
Full-Time Weekend Nights: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 7:00pm- 7:00am rotating with Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday 7:00pm-7:00am Reliable and dependable attendance is an essential function of the position. Availability for standby duty and the ability to be “on-call,” working evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Response to emergency events and alarm call-outs required as scheduled and required.
What will you need to succeed?
- High School Degree or Equivalent.
- Massachusetts Grade 3T preferred, 3T OIT accepted with ability to achieve Full status.
- Ability to make sound decisions in process control and follow instructions, as well as following safety procedures.
- Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check, pre-placement physical and drug screen before employment.
- Valid MA driver’s license with a good driving record.
We offer a generous compensation and benefits package to include retirement, generous paid time off, holidays, medical & dental insurance, flexible spending account, career growth, and more!
- Competitive pay to commensurate with experience
- Sign-on bonus provided at $2,500.
- On-call stipend provided.
- Career advancement and license renewal costs reimbursed to employees.