We are seeking both an Inside INSIDE SALES AND CUSTOMER SUCCESS [ SOFTWARE/TECHNICAL ]to join our growing Sales and Marketing team. This is a combination job posting because there is a strong possibility of the right individual(s) crossing over between the two roles. Interested candidates can apply to fill either one or both roles.
VETRO FiberMap is a cloud-based mapping platform that transforms the way broadband operators around the world design and manage their networks. The Inside Sales Coordinator will work directly with the Director of Sales, Director of Business Development, Marketing, and the company’s co-founders; The Customer Success Specialist will work with the head of Customer Success, interface internally with the entire team, and communicate externally with customers around the globe.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who can work independently and grow with the team. This is a junior level position with room for rapid advancement based on performance.
This position is in our Portland, ME office, with up to 20% travel to trade shows and client meetings.
- Lead Generation: Develop the pipeline through active research and prospecting
- Actively monitor lists, events, and groups of interest to identify leads
- Research target companies and tee up approach to introductions
- Read industry publications, blogs, and forums to understand trends and market movements
- Communicate with discovered and/or inbound leads about the our proprietary platform;
- Qualify – Research and discuss contact’s needs and goals and align with our product offerings
- Provide targeted information to help prospect understand the product line
- Drive leads into demos and sales opportunities
- Provide pre-sales technical demos, going deep into all corners of the platform
- Manage, track and report sales activities and results
- Diligently update our CRM and manage all activities from within this platform
- Help develop and implement customer engagement, retention and renewal strategies
- Other Sales and Business Development activities as needed
- Field incoming support emails and phone calls
- Learn the product in enough detail to break down incoming issue tickets and problem solve for and with clients independently
- Conduct pre-sales product demos, onboarding trainings, and follow on technical coaching
- Help curate and build customer training and support library and materials
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience; SaaS experience a plus
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Phone skills are a must – if you have “phone fear” this position is not a good fit, as our team often communicates complex information over the phone and via video conference tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direction on multiple tasks concurrently
- Flexibility and adaptability, with an eye for new technologies – rapid uptake/learning
- Proficiency with GSuite and all basic office software; ability to learn new apps quickly
- Experience with CRM and Support Desk platforms
- Experience in the broadband industry
- Experience in customer service, help desk or sales support in a software environment
Our office is located in downtown Portland, Maine. We maintain a casual office environment in an open concept layout with unlimited access to coffee. The team participates in local tech meet ups, the startup community, social activities, events, and more. We encourage a work life balance that includes personal and professional development, and community engagement.
This position is full time, with health, dental and vision benefits, 401K with company match, 204 hours of paid time off in the first year, and other perks.