Bilingual Telephone Research Interviewer
We are hiring bilingual (English-Spanish) survey interviewers to work in our small, casual, Portland call center for summer and long-term opportunities.
These positions are weekday evenings and Saturdays
and are great for college students looking for summer work (that will also build a resume), people looking for a second income, or anyone desiring a part-time schedule that offers flexibility and meaningful work.
Interviewers conduct phone surveys on a variety of interesting topics using our Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing software. There is NO SELLING involved.
We mainly serve health care and human services clients and work on important public issues: health care, health insurance, employment for people with disabilities, public health education, and other topics.
Our clients use the data we collect to measure and improve public health programs and education, vocational rehabilitation training and employment services, and health insurance programs.
If you are a college student majoring in sociology, psychology, political science, health, this position can build your resume.
Required Skills and Competencies
Education and Experience
- Fluent in both English and Spanish.
- Able to read smoothly and clearly from a script, asking questions that are sometimes sensitive in nature.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive, professional rapport with people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Maintain neutrality by asking questions as written, staying on script, and using non-directional probing to get accurate answers to questions.
- Respect the confidentiality of respondents and data collected.
- Basic Windows-based computer skills including typing 30 words per minute and accurately recording responses.
- Responsive to coaching and feedback.
Other Mandatory Requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Applicants with college coursework in public policy, health, social sciences, or related field are encouraged to apply
- Call center, canvassing, or other similar experience is desirable but not required.
- Available to work weekday evenings 5pm-9pm and four hours on Saturday 10am-2pm and/or 2pm-6pm
- Work at least 16 hours per week including at least 4 hours on Saturdays. Schedules up to 38 hours per week may be available.
- Reliable transportation to our Portland offices
This is sedentary work requiring good manual dexterity with repetitive motions of wrists, hands, and fingers. Must have vision sufficiently correctable to work with a computer monitor. Must have excellent listening skills to receive information through oral communication.
Live in Portland, Maine area
Authorized to work in US
Speak and write fluently in both English and Spanish
Reliable transportation to office
Available weekday evenings 5pm-9pm
Available Saturdays 10am – 2pm and/or 2pm-6pm
Available to attend one of specified training classes and work through at least 8/25