Working as an assistant to Principal Investigators and Research Managers, you will be involved in all aspects of research and program evaluation projects.
You will conduct literature reviews, develop and test surveys, manage and sample lists, organize meetings and focus groups, help process data, analyze and code verbatim responses to surveys, assist with analysis and reporting of survey results, and edit and proof reports.
This job will give you the opportunity for meaningful work and significant responsibility. We have a close-knit, team-oriented environment, with flexible hours, and competitive compensation and benefits – including fully company paid basic health insurance. We mainly serve health care and social service clients and most of our work is conducted for clients out of state – some 30 states in all. We are a small firm with a big reach. Our many repeat clients demonstrate our focus on quality work – and the dedication of our employees.
We grow using internal staff so there is an opportunity to advance within the company as well the opportunity to participate in research presented at international conferences for organizations such as the American Public Health Association (APHA) and the Association of Public Opinion Researcher (AAPOR).
Required Skills and Competencies
- Coordinate and assist in the completion of research and evaluation projects under the direction of a Principal Investigator, Research Director or Research Manager
- Assist in the development layout and testing of survey instruments and other survey materials for phone, mail, and online surveys
- Develop and format sample lists
- Coordinate group meetings and focus groups, identifying sites, confirming and reminding participants, managing logistics, etc.
- Conduct in-depth interviews in-person, over the telephone or online
- Read and interpret verbatim comments to open-ended survey questions and code them into groups of like topics or issues
- Assist with data analysis and reporting
- Prepare charts and graphs and help write, edit and proof reports
- Conduct secondary online research
- Conduct literature reviews and online searches
- Assist with qualitative research reporting
Education and Experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Capable of following a work plan and schedule while also adjusting how work is done to meet changing circumstances
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience using SPSS helpful
- Strong writing, proofing and editing skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Responsive to internal and client requests.
- Focused on meeting customer needs
Other Mandatory Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in a social science, public policy, or equivalent is required
- Masters degree in a relevant field helpful
- Experience in research, research on health care issues preferred
- Previous experience managing or reporting in data is preferred
- Successful completion of an applicable background check
- Agreement to comply with our Information Security Policies
- Adherence to polices described in our Employee Handbook