View all jobs
Electrical Engineer – Manager of Process Test EngineeringGray, ME · Manufacturing
Functions & Responsibilities
- Directs and coordinates the test engineering group activities in the design, development, implementation and improvement of systems, processes and procedures.
- Plans and establishes test engineering projects and follows up performance against estimates.
- Initiates testing cost reduction proposals, compiles appropriate information, makes recommendations for action, and checks on results obtained.
- Manages the implementation of test changes.
- Oversees the implementation of new test equipment and new test processes including the identification, source selection, validation, manufacturing implementation and training.
- Ensures the active consultation with new product development teams regarding testing capabilities and issues related to designing for test.
- Assists in the preparation of new product cost estimates specific to test.
- Directs the technical training in testing techniques, methods and processes provided to manufacturing associates.
- Actively maintains knowledge of new testing technologies, methods and techniques.
- Administers group personnel functions such as recruiting, hiring, and performance reviews.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures, and objectives regarding processes, initiatives, and projects.
- Excellent software abilities: MS Office –proficiency necessary.
- Ability to manage self-directed on a day to day basis.
- Ability to work in environments experiencing routine and rapid change.
- Excellent organization and decision-making skills.
- High level of energy and enthusiasm.
- B.S. or equivalent in Electrical Engineering.
- At least 3 years of related of work experience required.
- At least one year of demonstrated ability to lead direct reports
- Experience with printed circuit board assembly and test highly desirable