What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will join a strong team of motivated individuals and contribute to the successful completion of instrumentation and controls (I&C) design projects for our municipal and industrial water and wastewater clients on a regional and national basis. As part of our team, the candidate will be asked to interface with clients, consultants, implementation staff and other design disciplines to understand their process, instrumentation and controls requirements and produce deliverables associated with Supervisory Control andData Acquisition (SCADA) systems. Typical design tasks include:
· Participate in site investigations to gather information about the client’s systems, equipment and instruments, to inform the concepts that will be applied to meet the client’s goals;
· Produce design basis reports that outline a client’s specific needs for automation and control;
· Produce SCADA system architecture diagrams, applying networking, industrial protocols, remote telemetry, and cybersecurity concepts in the process;
· Produce Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) in conjunction with process engineers, describing how treatment processes work and how the equipment and instruments properly monitor and control the plant, facility or system;
· Select and specify instrumentation, including level, pressure, flow, temperature, process analyzers and more, understanding how each is deployed in the process for maximum effectiveness;
· Design Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)-based SCADA control panels at a ‘shop-drawing’ level, understanding how the individual components are chosen, arranged and assembled to efficiently monitor and control the client’s process equipment and instruments;
· Select and specify SCADA computer hardware and software, including Human Machine Interface (HMI) software to provide graphical representation of the client’s processes, automated reporting software, remote access systems and other critical applications and packages that comprise a robust and reliable system;
· Produce public bidding drawings and specifications that ensure the client project needs are met while still following the municipal, state and federal guidelines that govern fair and competitive bidding practices.
· Participate in construction phase activities, including interfacing with clients and contractors, reviewing submittals and performing site inspections.
The candidate will be asked to act as the lead engineer for small to medium design projects, both stand-alone SCADA upgrade projects and as part of larger multidisciplinary projects. It is critical to be able to understand the overall project requirements, and meet important project milestones and deadlines associated with the project. The candidate will be asked to provide direction and mentoring to junior staff in the execution of project tasks and contribute to the overall improvement of the design team efficiency and effectiveness.
To be successful as a member of our team, the candidate should exhibit some or all these traits:
· Able to contribute in a team environment, but also able to work independently;
· Have strong communication skills (oral and written);
· Possess strong organizational skills;
· Attention to detail;
· Self-motivated and self-starting;
· Able/willing to provide mentoring and direction to junior staff;
· Not afraid to ask questions.
As we continue to grow our national footprint, we increase our opportunities to work with clients from all areas of the United States. Because of this, the candidate must be flexible for 10-25% travel in the New England region and nationwide.
What you will need to succeed:
· AS or BS in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or associated field;
· 5-10 years’ experience in an industrial or electrical environment either as an intern, engineer or consultant. Specific position level, role and responsibility is flexible depending on experience of the candidate.
· Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) desired. Candidate with, or willingness to pursue, an NCEES Council Record to facilitate obtaining PE registration in additional states where projects are located is preferred.
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Access experience is a bonus);
· Experience with AutoCAD drafting software (AutoCAD Electrical experience is a bonus);
· Experience in technical report writing is a bonus;
· Water/wastewater treatment experience is a bonus.