What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will join a strong team of motivated individuals and contribute to the successful completion of industrial control system implementation projects for our municipal and industrial water and wastewater clients on a regional and national basis. As part of our team, the candidate will be asked to collaborate with instrumentation and control (I&C) design staff, implementation engineers, project managers, consultants and clients to design, configure and commission the data networks associated with supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Lead and contribute to hands-on network assessments, design and implementation of simple and complex SCADA control networks for water and wastewater treatment processes;
- Communicate to internal and external project team members the impact and requirements of production networks related to PLCs, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, IT enterprise systems, etc.
- Configure small to medium sized virtualization solutions such as servers, thin clients, thick clients, and more;
- Document security policies, user requirements, system specifications, proposed system designs for the physical and logical aspects of industrial control system networks;
- Stay current with industry best practices and apply these practices in deliverables;
- Configure and commission industrial networking hardware, including security appliances, Ethernet switches, wireless access points, cellular modems, and more;
- Participate in the testing and startup of the process equipment, instruments and SCADA system to ensure the SCADA system monitors and controls the equipment as designed;
- Provide field technical support specific to industrial network services and solutions;
- Develop and provide technical training on networking principles and practices to design staff and integration staff, including networking design, component selection, networking theory, configuration of specific equipment, maintenance and troubleshooting practices, and more;
- QA/QC design deliverables produced by the design team and the configurations developed by the integration team around SCADA networks.
The candidate will be asked to act as the lead for medium to large implementation projects, both standalone SCADA upgrade projects and as part of larger multidisciplinary projects. It is critical for the candidate to understand overall project requirements, meet deadlines and stay in budget. The candidate will be asked to provide direction and mentoring to junior staff in the execution of project tasks and contribute to the overall improvement of the design and implementation team efficiency and effectiveness.
What will you need to succeed?
- Able to work independently, but also able to contribute in a team environment;
- Have strong communication skills (oral and written) and effectively communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Possess strong organizational skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and self-starting;
- Able/willing to provide mentoring and direction to junior staff;
- Not afraid to ask questions.