Who are we looking for?
We are looking to expand our impact through the addition of a Health & Safety Specialist. Our dedicated and talented Health & Safety team is led by our H&S Director, supported by our H&S Administrator and three H&S Managers.
What will you be doing?
We are seeking a Health & Safety Specialist to join our growing Health & Safety team. This position will play a key role in providing guidance and assistance to internal clients regarding regulatory and company compliance requirements and other matters pertaining to health and safety matters in our Operations & Management (O&M) Business unit.
Duties and responsibilities will include assessing health & safety needs and risk, assist in the implementation of safety programs and policies, and assist in creating the systems, procedures, and tools necessary to effectively implement corporate safety programs and policies throughout the business. The successful candidate for this position will work closely with the O&M Regional Safety Manager and H&S Director.
What will you need to succeed?
- Experience conducting safety audits and identifying corrective actions.
- Functional knowledge of occupational and industrial safety standards to include OSHA, ANSI, and NFPA.
- Develop and present Health & Safety training material.
- Site-specific safety plan development and technical review.
- Contribute to the incident investigation process, providing guidance to Managers and ensuring completion of resulting preventative measures.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to organize data and processes.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and effectively make decisions.
- Must have an occupational safety background with a minimum of 3+ years direct experience. Degree in safety science or related certification (ASP, OHST, etc.) preferred.
- Experience in an industrial setting is critical.
- Competency in Confined Space, Fall Protection, and hazardous material management required.
- Experience with water/wastewater systems and electrical safety strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of time.