Manufacturing Process and Test Engineering, Full Time
The primary role of this position is to develop manufacturing processes for electronic and electromechanical assemblies which yield reliable high quality assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
Functions & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement manufacturing process technologies, methods and techniques to assist and promote the building of reliable, high quality assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
- Provide active consultation to new product development teams regarding manufacturing capabilities, techniques and issues related to design for manufacturability (DFM) and test (DFT).
- Assist in the preparation of new product cost estimates.
- Implement new equipment and new processes – Responsible for identifying, specifying, validating, documenting, implementing and training.
- Design production equipment and fixtures to aid in the assembly of product while improving operator safety/comfort, reducing labor and improving quality.
- Provide technical training in manufacturing techniques, methods and processes to manufacturing associates.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
- Collect, record, and present data.
- Investigate and diagnose product manufacturing issues and respond to internal and external customer requests for changes and improvements.
- Coordinate the implementation of product design changes.
- Ensure projects are completed on time.
· Self-starter and a strong problem solver.
· Desire to work as a member of a team.
· Comfortable in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
· Excellent organization and decision making skills.
· High level of energy and enthusiasm.
· Strong software abilities: MS Office – proficiency necessary. Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems, Solidworks, Autocad and MS Project a plus.
· B.S. or equivalent in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or Industrial Technology.
· 1-3 years of related of work experience.
· Experience with printed circuit board assembly and test highly desirable
- Experience implementing lean manufacturing and/or six sigma desirable