Do you know how to perform a variety of Rail Operations tasks on transit and rail projects including logistical rail planning, railroad simulation modeling, schedule and timetable development for light rail, heavy rail, freight, transit, commuter rail and intercity passenger rail services?
This job is for you!
The job is full-time. As a new employee, you will be onboarded virtually and begin your employment from home. This employer is in the process of planning for a safe return to the workplace.
This job is for New England region. The applicant can work out of any of our New England offices. Locations: Boston MA, Watertown, MA, Portland ME, Bedford, NH, Providence RI, South Burlington, VT, Worcester, MA, Springfield, MA, Wethersfield, CT
Skills and Abilities
- Perform operations analysis and simulations tasks on a variety of Transit & Rail projects
- Prepare technical reports for operational evaluations
- Support development of railroad signal block layouts and aspects
- Work effectively and collaboratively in a multi-discipline team environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively on teams and a desire to grow professionally as a technical expert
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Interest in transportation planning and engineering with a focus on railroad operations and logistics
- A familiarity with operations modeling software Rail Traffic Controller (RTC) is a plus
- A familiarity with geometrics and civil design and a solid understanding of design processes) is a plus
- Working knowledge of all applications within the Microsoft Office software suite
- Ability to create or revise electronic drawings using AutoCAD and/or Microstation CAD programs
- BS in Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, or related field
- 0-5 years of professional experience in transit/transportation planning, operations, and engineering
If this sounds like you, please upload a MS Word copy of your resume at www.IntWork.com
and we’ll be in touch.