Do you know to conducting hydrologic and hydraulic studies for riverine and coastal environments using current modeling software including: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HydroCAD, HY-8, EPA SWMM, SRH-2D/SMS, and others?
If yes, this job is for you!
This is a full-time position. As a new employee, you will be onboarded virtually and begin your employment from home till safely return to office setting work.
Skills & Abilities
- Leading multi-disciplinary projects with hydrologic, hydraulic, or water quality focus including interaction with staff and clients
- Conducting hydrologic and hydraulic studies for riverine and coastal environments using current modeling software including: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HydroCAD, HY-8, EPA SWMM, SRH-2D/SMS, and others.
- Conducting scour analyses and designing scour counter measures
- Developing LOMR and CLOMR analysis and reports
- Developing technical reports, design plans, construction documents, and specifications for water resources related projects
- Leading the construction administration for water resource projects
- Work with VHB’s integrated team to evaluate permit requirements and develop permit applications
- Identifying and pursuing new business
- Creating and expanding technical resources of staff
- Acting as a mentor and aiding in staff development
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team-oriented with strong capability to motivate others
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter
- Must demonstrate superior ability in collaborative problem solving with stakeholders, clients, and teammates
- BS in civil/environmental engineering or related discipline
- 8+ years of professional water resources engineering and analysis experience
- Advanced understanding of hydrologic and hydraulic modeling programs
- Project management of relevant projects
- Experience with ArcGIS and AutoCAD
- Understanding of local, state, and federal permitting
- PE required
If this sounds like you, please upload a MS Word copy of your resume at www.IntWork.com
and we’ll be in touch.