Do you have 2-4 years experience in professional traffic and/or transportation engineering?
We're looking for a Transportation Engineer who:
- Has experience in conventional aspects of traffic and/or transportation engineering?
- Can plan, conduct, and coordinate work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, application, selection, adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Applies intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Can employ practical and advanced techniques, and the modification and extension of theories and practices of traffic and transportation engineering, related sciences and disciplines.
- Is skilled in devising new approaches to problems encountered.
If this sounds like you, you may be the one to join us to:
- Coordinate and direct, in a design capacity, a portion of small projects and/or components of large projects with many complex features.
- Assist the Group Leader with quality control and review of plans/documents.
- Manage multiple projects of varying size and diversity.
- Develop design drawings and reports, field information, alternative cost analyses, construction cost estimates, and feasibility studies.
- Prepare and review regulatory license and permit applications.
- Conduct individual research to carry out complex or unusual assignments using new or improved techniques and procedures.
- Assess the feasibility and soundness of proposed products or materials when necessary data are insufficient and confirmation by testing is advisable.
- Perform construction administration and monitoring when required.
- Prepare construction quantity and cost estimates and evaluation of alternatives, from preliminary through final plans. Provides guidance for organizing computations and documentation.
With our Clients you will:
- Represent the firm in a professional manner when dealing with the public, review agencies and clients.
- Make competent and knowledgeable presentations to clients, regulatory agencies and public meetings.
- Coordinate projects with regulatory agencies, municipal staff, utility representatives and others.
- Alert us to potential client contacts and leads for new work.
- Develop solid working relationships with clients and builds client confidence.
- Negotiate with clients and regulatory agencies to resolve project issues without jeopardizing client or regulatory relationships.
- Keep and monitor accurate records of time spent and tasks performed on timesheets and expense forms.
- Monitor project expenditures relative to budgets.
- Keep and monitor full documentation of telephone and e-mail correspondence with vendors, review agencies, clients, and anyone involved with project tasks and assignments.
- Keep neat and proper documentation of all computations and reference material are maintained, both electronically and hard copy.
- Assure all computations and plans by staff are checked and that a Senior Engineer checks his/her computations and plans.
- Keep file systems, procedures, and storage locations such that all necessary documents can easily accessed by others, both in hard copy and electronically.
- Serve as project engineer on civil/site, private, municipal or governmental projects.
- Schedule and coordinate engineering and production staff on assigned projects.
- Provide technical guidance to engineering and production staff.
- Develop quality assurance/control practices and conduct project reviews.
- Assist in marketing of traffic/transportation services.
- Plan and coordinate work with clients, sub-consultants and contractors.
- Develop and monitor project schedules and budgets.
- Demonstrate excellent client/customer communication skills (written and oral).
- Make decisions independently on engineering problems and methods.
Education and Experience:
Experience: Minimum of 2-4 years of professional traffic and/or transportation engineering
Education: B.S. Degree or higher in Civil/Traffic Engineering (PTOE preferred)
Professional Registration: Interest in obtaining P.E.
Professional Activities: Member or equivalent grade in professional/technical society.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please upload a MS Word copy fo your resume at www.IntWork.com