Are you able to read and interpret construction plans and specifications? Are you able to perform heavy lifting (50 to 75 pounds)? Do you have basic computer skills such as email, Word & Excel? Do you have strong written and verbal communication skills?
As a Staff Construction Technologist, you will be:
Other responsibilities may include:
- Performing field testing of soils, concrete and bituminous pavement
- Performing density testing of soils and asphalt
- Performing laboratory testing of materials brought in by our field personnel, or by the client.
- Maintaining daily records to document testing/inspection services conducted
- Performing Concrete and Asphalt plant inspections.
- Maintaining a clean laboratory and equipment maintenance
- Assisting in regular calibration and certification programs
- Maintaining a clean company vehicle
- Understanding and following safety procedures in-house and at the job site
- Observation of reinforcing steel
- Observation of masonry testing
- Precast concrete fabrication inspection
- Concrete composition analysis
- Other duties to support the goals of the company as requested
- 2 years post high school technology degree or 2 years construction materials testing experience, or a combination of the two.
- OSHA 10 hour construction safety or OSHA 10 hour HAZWOPER certification
- NETTCP Hot Mix Asphalt Plant Technician and/or Hot Mix Asphalt paving Inspector certification
- NETTCP Soils & Aggregate laboratory Technician and/or Soils and Aggregate Inspector certification
- NETTCP Concrete Technician and/or Concrete Inspector certification
- PCI certifications – Levels I and II
- AWS certifications – Certified Welding Inspector
- ICC certifications – Reinforcing steel, masonry and fireproofing
- Nuclear Radiation Safety Training
- ACI Grade I Concrete Field Technician
If this sounds like you, please send MS copy of your resume to IntWork.com