As Heavy Equipment Mechanic you will be responsible for the maintenance, repairs, and/or modifications for the work of diesel trucks and hydraulic drilling machines. Duties include but are not limited to being able to dismount and assemble mechanical parts in the shop and field, also including being able to troubleshoot, diagnose, order, and replace parts.
Applicants must understand both diesel mechanics and hydraulics.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Repair equipment and components, including
- Determining necessary parts, materials, tooling, etc.
- Performing repairs properly and safely, with proper quality assurance testing of repair component or system and machine
- Use company vehicles and service trucks.
- Maintain work area and/or service vehicle in a safe and clean manner
- Maintain tools & tool carrier in a safe, productive and updated manners
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Other duties and projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Operation and maintenance requirements of trucks, atvs and drill rigs
- Hazards and Safety precautions of trade
- Use and care of hand and power tools employed in all phases of heavy equipment mechanical maintenance and repair work
- Ability to diagnose defects in heavy equipment
- Written and verbal communication to deal with vendors and clients
- Teamwork skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Display excellent judgement at all time
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate Degree in Diesel/Equipment Technology
OR four (4) Years of apprenticeship experience preferred
- Three to five years of related experience.
- Must and meet qualifications of FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration)
- CDL - A drivers license preferred
If this sounds like you, please send MS copy of your resume to IntWork.com