We are seeking a Stormwater Modeler/Engineer for any one our east and west coast offices.
This position offers an opportunity to provide innovative and creative design solutions to water resource projects. Typical projects involve assisting state and municipal clients throughout the U.S. in completing drainage design, stormwater management, floodplain management and other watershed planning using green and gray infrastructure approaches.
- Develop and conduct simulations of complex hydrologic and hydraulic drainage and river systems.
- Conduct watershed and stormwater management planning, permitting and design.
- Provide technical guidance for hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, using a variety of techniques and models (e.g., HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, etc.).
- Assist in preparation of proposals, work scopes, and cost estimates.
- Serve as a mentor and assist junior level staff/peers.
- Contribute technically on master plans, drainage and regulatory compliance reports and presentations.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or related field.
- 4 to 8 years of stormwater hydrologic and hydraulic modeling experience.
- P.E. and/or NCEES registration with or ability to obtain one rapidly through reciprocity.
- Knowledge/experience with some or all of the following models/software:
- ARCGIS and QGIS
- HEC-RAS, HEC23, HEC18, HEC-HMS, SWMM, PCSWMM
- 1D/2D modeling HEC-RAS, XPSWMM, Infoworks ICM, FLO2d, Mike Urban.
- Awareness of FEMA flood mapping processes and the Flood Insurance Program.
- Understanding of USACE and other Federal and State permitting processes.
- Experience in watershed and storm water management, stormwater retrofits and green stormwater infrastructure strategies, surface hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, drainage, erosion and sediment control, sediment transport, and watershed/waterway modeling.