Are you skilled in deploying computers and printers? If so, this Deployment Technician.
This role supports both the Deployment, Service and Structured Cabling divisions as needed. In the role of Deployment Technician, you will provide network and point of sale hardware installation, maintenance and service throughout New England and New York State.
This role will also troubleshoot and maintain commercial data, voice, fiber optic and paging, security, audio/visual and cabling systems for various customers. In this position you will need to educate customers on the proper use, services and maintenance of equipment, and address questions or concerns of the customer. This position works closely with the Director of Technology, Project Manager(s) and Customers to perform the onsite field service work requests and ensure their successful completion.
This job will require regional travel and scheduling flexibility including working mostly nights, some days, weekends and on-call work.
• Interact with customers who require staging and installation of their network and point of sale hardware at various locations regionally.
• Load customer provided image files on customer provided network equipment.
• Inventory and organize customer staging and storage area.
• Visit customer sites as scheduled to install customer hardware per specific instructions.
• Work with customer helpdesk and IT support to confirm hardware is on line and operating as expected
• Accurately document and report any issues encountered while onsite for installations.
• Collect and document hardware specific information such as serial numbers, quantity of devices, etc. as required and enter into customer inventory management system.
• Ensure the work is completed on time and satisfactorily.
• Ensure work is completed following customer specifications and to industry standards.
• Travel regionally and work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and on-call work.
• Work involves driving a company vehicle; using hand tools; Climbing ladders; using scissor lifts.
• Follows all company safety policies and procedures; and reports all accidents, hazards, and equipment problems.
• Attends and participates in various meetings within the company.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Basic to advanced technical skills with installation, service, troubleshooting and maintaining of commercial data, voice, fiber optic and paging, security, audio/visual and cabling systems.
• Solid level of understanding of PC components, PC hardware and associated software. A+ certification is a plus.
• Industry specific Manufacturer Certifications and BICSI training and/or Certifications preferred but not
• A strong working knowledge of TIA and BICSI Standards; including trouble shooting and service preferred
but not required.
• Working knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, communication standards and installation.
• Ability to follow blueprints, notes and specifications to meets the job requirements.
• Basic written and verbal communications skills.
• Experience with construction and adherence to large and small project scheduling.
• Enjoys hands-on problem solving in a fast paced work environment.
• Ability to work well both independently and as part of a professional team.
• Willingness to be a positive leader and a great "follower".
• Excellent time management, planning and forward-thinking skills.
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional attitude.
• Excellent communication and listening skills.
• Strong team-building, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
• Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
• Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook) preferred.
• Must maintain a valid driver's license.
Our client, hiring for this position provides design, installation, and support services for low-voltage infrastructure and equipment, includingL Structured Network Cabling, Audio-Visual Solutions, Security Solutions, Wireless Networks, and Telephone Systems.
This job works M-Thursday overnights (10 hour shifts, M-F) with daily travel. Pay is $25/hr
If this sounds like a fit for you, please upload a MS Word copy of your resume at www.IntWork.com