GIS SOFTWARE SUPPORT ENGINEER
Our Company is seeking a GIS Software Support Engineer to focus on supporting our international customer base. This position will report to our Director of Customer Success, and regularly interface with the entire team.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who can work independently and grow with the team. The GIS Software Support Engineer must be a great communicator with the patience, confidence and follow through skills to solve problems, vet solutions, explain complex concepts to a variety of people ranging from engineers to salespeople, and provide the superior customer support for which our company is known throughout the industry.
- Field incoming support emails and phone calls
- Learn the product in enough detail to break down incoming issue tickets and problem solve for and with clients independently
- Conduct pre-sales product demos, on-boarding trainings, and follow on technical coaching
- Help curate and build customer training and support library and materials
- Minimum 1-2 years of relevant work experience; SaaS experience a plus
- Demonstrated outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Phone skills are a must – if you have “phone fear” this position is not a good fit, as our team often communicates complex information over the phone and via video conference tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direction on multiple tasks concurrently
- Flexibility and adaptability, with an eye for new technologies – rapid uptake/learning
- Proficiency with GSuite and all basic office software; ability to learn new apps quickly
- Experience with CRM and Support Desk platforms
- Experience in the broadband industry
- Experience in customer service, help desk or sales support in a software environment
- Experience with software design and testing, preferably map-based (GIS) software
This position is based at the headquarters office in downtown Portland, Maine. We maintain a casual office environment in an open concept layout, with a bottomless stash of local Coffee by Design coffee. The team participates in local tech meet ups, the startup community, social activities, events, and more. We encourage a work life balance that includes personal and professional development, and community engagement.