This position will work over the phone in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with a variety of responsibilities. The successful Specialist enjoys interacting with members regarding a variety of situations, has excellent listening and communication skills and is adept at uncovering opportunities to build and strengthen the member’s relationship, including creative problem resolution and selling products and services that put them a step ahead in life. In addition to providing an extraordinary service experience, the successful Specialist meets or exceeds sales and productivity goals at the team and individual level.
· Excellent and effective communication skills, both verbal and written
· Interested in people and enjoys interacting with members and teammates
· Knowledgeable of the features, advantages and benefits of our Bank's products and services
· Seeks to learn the member’s story and successfully matches products and services that position them for success
· Creative at turning a problem into an opportunity to strengthen the member’s relationship, using effective de-escalation techniques when necessary
· Respects the member’s situation and keeps sensitive information confidential
· Confidently makes decisions independently and works with little direction
· Deliver an extraordinary service experience to every member
· Investigate and resolve a wide variety of issues and requests that include gathering additional information, setting expectations and working with other departments in a manner that results in extraordinary experience for the member
· Perform account transactions quickly and efficiently
· Open new accounts, set up new account files and provide members with all the necessary information for membership
· Originate consumer loan applications, prepare documentation for closings.
· Cross sell mortgages and refer quality leads to Mortgage Originators.
· Proactively reach out to the members with the purpose of reviewing their relationship, educating them on our Bank's offerings and selling products and services.
· Respects the member’s information and maintains confidentiality of all current, past and potential members and their personal and financial information.
· Keep current on related policies and procedures
· Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Adhere to all security procedures and regulatory guidelines for Regulation CC, the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA Patriot Act/Customer Identification Act (CIP).
· Perform additional duties as assigned by management
· Must be able to work Saturdays.
· High school graduate; bachelor’s degree preferred
· Previous call center experience preferred
· Excellent member service skills
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Strong background in consumer and real estate lending originations
· Attention to detail required
· Ability to shift gears easily
· Ability to work extended hours, including Saturdays
· Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable- an office environment
· Normally seated with freedom of movement on a regular basis
· Full time: 37.5 to 40 hours per week