Installs and repairs residential and commercial propane and/or oil burner equipment and appliances while ensuring a high level of customer service. The responsibilities of this position are carried out with particular attention to maintaining customer property, respecting customer confidentiality and working as a trusted advisor. The Service Technician serves as a Dead River Company ambassador by adhering to our Brand Promise, Guarantees and Pledges and our Co-Worker Guarantees and Pledges.
• Installs, trouble-shoots and repairs oil and/or propane heating systems in accordance with applicable codes, safety regulations and Dead River Company policies.
• Performs efficiency tests, tune-ups, and contract service inspections.
• Eliminates call-backs and reduces liability by ensuring that all work is performed safely and accurately.
• Promotes image as a trusted advisor through a neat appearance, clean uniform and timely, safe and courteous service.
• Promotes Dead River company products and services. Advises customers on best options for specific needs.
• Maintains a neat and orderly service vehicle. Ensures that all tools and equipment are in safe operating condition.
• Immediately records and reports parts and labor for service calls in accordance with company procedures. Maintains and tracks parts inventories in service vehicle.
• Participates in night and weekend on-call schedule as necessary.
• Reports all accidents, spills, and liability claims.
• Performs propane Gas-check inspections according to applicable codes and company policy without supervision. (Propane technicians)
Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Technical school training is preferred.
Technicians regularly interact with customers, other employees (dispatchers, other technicians, drivers, and office personnel) and equipment and parts supply vendors.