Software Engineer is responsible for the building and/or configuration of software solutions within their business portfolio. They ensure software is delivered to high quality standards by collaborating with their agile team members and by leveraging unit testing and continuous integration. They participate in the estimation of work required to deliver software features.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science is preferred, or equivalent relevant business experience
- 2+ years experience with demonstrated success at the Associate level in software development and software development practices or equivalent experience
- Shows evidence of analytical ability
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, React
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT/TFS/Etc.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.