Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo?
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and focus on our customer experience. Those comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment will thrive in this job.
Test Engineer 2 are responsible for working as part of an agile team that delivers business value to its customers with little to no oversight and exhibit a mastery of the application and technical skillset subject matter expertise for their area of responsibility. They ensure software is delivered to high quality standards by collaborating with their agile team members and by leveraging various testing techniques. Test Engineer 2 embrace the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques while conforming to agreed upon process standards and industry specific regulations. They use critical thinking skills applied to solution test design and implementation for the delivery of business value. They are able to accurately estimate work required to test software features. The Test Engineer 2 role may mentor Test Engineers and Associate Test Engineers.
The goal of testing is to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified, and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented. Testing includes the process of engineering, using and maintaining testware (test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, etc.) to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 4+ yeas of successful performance in Test Engineer role or equivalent relevant work experience
- Clearly demonstrates analytical ability and critical thinking skills
- Takes a logical, analytical approach to problem solving and pays close attention to detail
- Strong test automation skills in Selenium Web Driver, SpecFlow, C#, Page Object Model, Selenium Grid, Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methodologies and Test management tool - Microsoft Test Manager (MTM)
- Self motivated and results oriented
- Demonstrates strong focus on quality delivery and delighting customers; holds self to high standards of delivery
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
- Takes an innovative approach to problem solving
- Test Certifications are preferred (ISTQB certifications, CSM, CSD, CSP)
- Knowledge of various automation frameworks
- Knowledge of source code management tools like TFVC, Git
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of existing and new features through both manual and automated testing and use of continuous integration tools/techniques where practical
- Partner closely with the Business Analysts, and other Test Engineers to create acceptance criteria for the user stories. Leverages the acceptance to create tests that can be automated.
- Automates and reviews the test scripts to ensure they follow documented coding standards and guidelines
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services. Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Evaluates and plans for regression testing for new releases of 3rd party/cloud based solutions and any Unum specific configurations or customization
- Partners closely with team members to assist with and help drive test automation through all phases of testing (such as unit, system, integration and regression)
- Is an advocate for Quality Assurance best practices across the entire team throughout the deliverables
- Analyzes and reports test activities and results using industry best practices that align with the companies reporting and metrics needs
- Develops test strategies, test plans, test cases, test coverage, and test execution reports to support the Quality Assurance effort in testing features that are part of application and/or solution changes
- Ensures traceability from test cases/automated test scripts back to requirements.
- Communicates daily with the Scrum Master or Team Lead and the agile team on progress made and planned progress for the coming day; reports any impediments blocking progress
- Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
- Collaborates with the Team (Business Analysts, Designers, Software Engineers, Architects, etc.) to ensure that the team defines, configures, builds,and produces features and solutions that meet or exceed what the Product Owner is expecting
- Create and maintain appropriate test artifacts for the team (Test Plans, Sprint Plans etc.)
- May direct the activities of onshore and offshore testing teams and be accountable for ensuring that they adhere to the teams standards
- Thinks with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and delight their customers.