Seeking an entry-level environmental engineer and/or geologist to support land cleanup (Brownfields) programs and other general environmental consulting projects. Successful candidates should have a strong desire to live and work in Maine and/or Hew Hampshire, and to have a positive impact on the community.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct regional inventories, environmental assessments, remediation planning and remedial action implementation.
- Database development, windshield surveys, and data presentation.
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments – including site visits, interviews, file reviews and report writing.
- Phase II Investigations – including health and safety plan and sampling work plan preparation, contractor coordination and management, drilling and test pitting. oversight, sample collection, data interpretation and analysis, and report writing
- Feasibility Studies – including review and interpretation of existing data, analysis of cleanup alternatives, remedial action planning, construction cost estimating, and report writing.
- Remediation Design – including design plan and specification development as well as contractor bidding.
- Remedial Action Implementation – including contractor coordination and oversight, confirmatory sample collection, construction documentation, and closure reports.
- Passion for community revitalization and economic development especially the redevelopment of underutilized buildings and properties
- Passion for the execution of Smart Growth projects
- Exceptional writing skills required
- CAD/GIS experience and knowledge required
- Ability to work collaboratively on project development yet independently on specific project execution and completion.
- Ability and desire to attain ME Professional Engineer or Certified Geologist licensure
- Occasional overnight travel required.