Senior GIS Specialist
We are seeking to hire a Senior GIS Specialist to join our growing team in our New England regional offices. The qualified candidate will work within the Applied Technology Services Group to provide a range of GIS services to a diverse set of clients in areas such as transportation, municipal, energy, institutional, real estate, and federal.
- The successful candidate must be proficient in the Esri Software Suite (Desktop platforms, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise).
- Work collaboratively with various members of VHB’s other teams located in our New England offices.
- Provides task management or project manage support on GIS related projects.
- Serves as a mentor to junior GIS staff.
- Provide support in configuring applications using Esri’s ArcGIS Online (Collector, Survey123, Operations Dashboard, Web Maps and Web Applications), to support project work.
- Communicate and be able to work as an individual as well as part of a large team.
- Proactively provide your own ideas and solutions to solve project related problems.
- Provide GIS technical assistance and support to other members of the office.
- Provide time estimates for project proposals and RFPs.
- Perform Quality Control tests on data entry and map deliverables done by others.
Cherries on top
- Must have a solid understanding of the principles and practices of GIS and cartography.
- Demonstrated experience in task managing or project management on small to medium sized GIS implementation projects.
- Knowledge of working with and editing geodatabases.
- Able to create map services and interactive web applications.
- Able to utilize GIS applications to perform advanced spatial analysis or data conversion or manipulation. i.e. raster/surface manipulation, mosaic, modify and repurpose imagery for other software.
- Able to use applications and scripts to create automated geoprocessing workflows.
- GISP Certification or similar GIS certifications.
- Demonstrated experience providing GIS services within any of the following markets, transportation, state, local or regional government, energy or environmental.
Is this you?
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience working with the Esri product Suite (Desktop, Web, Server environments)
- B.S. in GIS, geography, cartography, planning, engineering, computer science or a related field
- Strong understanding of Esri data models.
- Experience with Relational Database Management Systems (Microsoft Access, SQL Server, etc.)
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of software.
- Ability to learn new skills and methods on-the-fly, troubleshoot issues, and solve technical problems
- Experience with utility systems a plus.