We are seeking a Warehouse Assistant to support the Materials Manager to ensure all cabling materials and supplies are ordered, inventoried, tracked and supplied to the field technicians on a timely basis.
- Assist with shipping and receiving functions as needed according to procedure.
- Operate company vehicle to transport materials; makes deliveries and picks up materials from other locations, including storage and disposal.
- Assist with packaging shipments, including United Parcel Service; and loads and unloads trucks.
- Inspect incoming products and materials for condition and quantities received.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining warehouse area; place incoming stock in proper location; and pull stock for upcoming orders.
- Scan items shipped/received into inventory and take inventory, performing cycle count as requested.
- Maintain and clean work area, including cleaning and sweeping floors.
- Communicate with Materials Manager and management regarding work instructions and status of shipping/receiving.
- Assist with procedures for in-process, final inspection, and overall quality of shipments/materials received.
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures; and report all accidents, hazards, and equipment problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one month of shipping/receiving experience, preferably in a construction or technology industry.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform basic math functions.
- Ability to gain knowledge of and perform inventory management functions.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Good oral and written communication skills.