Who We Are Looking For:
Due to our ongoing growth, we are offering a great opportunity to assume a role developing and sustaining our learning and development platform. The Training Manager is responsible for working with the Senior HR Program Manager to build, foster, and sustain the company’s culture by leading the design, development, and delivery of learning experiences that align with the organization’s most pressing business challenges and talent skill gaps. This is accomplished by developing and managing a comprehensive learning program that builds on the company’s commitment to staff development and continuous learning.
What You Will Be Doing:
Your mission: You will be responsible and accountable for the design, implementation, delivery, and administration of initial and ongoing employee education. This will be done by conducting needs assessments, developing curriculum, communicating learning activities to the organization, delivering in-house training sessions, as well as evaluating and recommending both internal and external training resources. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a strong background in soft skills training. The nature of this role is such that it will be training in all departments of our firm. Due to this, we are not looking for a background specific to sales, customer service, or technical product training. Some examples of training topics may include: Conflict Management, Providing Feedback, Coaching, and Team Theory. In addition, we are looking for someone with the ability to develop a Leadership Development training program.
This role collaborates across the business and the Human Resources department to establish a vision for learning and talent development in association with the company’s evolving needs and culture.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design, deliver and facilitate learning activities as needed.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Provide overall data analysis and conclusions related to evaluations, attendance, instructional design and/or findings.
- Analyze the success and effectiveness of training programs and track enrollment data.
- Ensure all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met, including developing a training budget and expense tracking.
- Make recommendations on delivery methods and content requirements for specialized training initiatives as a result of a Project Management proposal or implementation of new or enhanced systems.
- Build and maintain innovative, user-friendly tools and develop education for both managers and team members.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games, etc.) for traditional, classroom-style training sessions, virtual classes, and various blended learning approaches.
- Explore the latest trends in learning, new technologies, adult learning principles, and vendors in the marketplace and best practices for implementation.
- Maintain internal platform for posting of training information, including videos, articles, and calendar of learning events.
- Provide updates and status reports of program activity to leadership upon request
- What You Need to Succeed:
- At least 6 years of professional experience in designing, developing, planning, implementing, and assessing comprehensive training programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Training, Communications or related field or equivalent combination of education and Training and Development Management experience.
- Understand e-learning systems, how to utilize technology and integrate into the learning culture.
- Hands-on experience in applying adult learning theories.
- Excellent facilitation skills and confidence presenting in front of a bigger audience.
- Expertise in MS Office; preferred experience in PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with course development software, such as Captivate, Articulate, etc. and familiarity with Learning Management Systems preferred.
- Instructional design knowledge a plus.
- Passionate about giving employees the development tools required for personal and professional growth and success
- Strong project management skills with the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Possess outstanding organizational skill, attention to detail, presentation skills, and problem-solving abilities
- Capacity to work collaboratively with a wide variety of staff demonstrating personal initiative as well as the ability to work well in a team;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a diverse team setting.
- Willingness to travel as needed. ~30%