The successful candidate will:
- Partner with and support Project Managers on all aspects of the projects to address client goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with project teams.
- Assist in the planning, coordination and execution of geotechnical field investigation programs, including subsurface explorations and laboratory testing.
- Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, and/or geological data, using spreadsheets and other tools.
- Conduct geotechnical and rock engineering analyses and evaluate seismic hazards including liquefaction.
- Assist in the development of geotechnical design recommendations.
- Prepare written reports, memoranda, daily/weekly field reports and specifications.
- Contribute to development of proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills to junior staff.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering/Geotechnical Engineering; Master's preferred
- 5+ years of related geotechnical engineering experience
- Professional registration (EIT, PE) strongly preferred
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training preferred but not required
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and willingness to work with project teams spread across many geographies
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software and industry standard geotechnical software
- Experience in planning, coordinating and executing subsurface investigation and laboratory testing programs
- Experience with bridge, highway, and railroad transportation infrastructure projects, mid-and high-rise buildings, deep excavations, temporary/permanent earth support, underpinning, earthwork, dewatering, settlement and slope stability, rock slope evaluation and design, retaining wall design, and ground improvement techniques
- Ability to travel out of town for temporary work assignments
- Must possess a valid driver's license