The successful candidate will:
• Provide construction monitoring/on-site engineering observation for both geotechnical and environmental projects.
• Perform site reconnaissance to observe existing conditions, assess site access for subsurface explorations, and identify important site features.
• Monitor subsurface exploration activities that include the use of test boring and geoprobe rigs, and machine excavated test pits to gather soil and bedrock samples.
• Conduct field investigations, including soil and groundwater sampling in accordance with applicable ASTM standards and other industry standard guidelines.
• Conduct geotechnical and environmental engineering analyses.
• Compile, reduce, analyze, manage, and report field, instrumentation, geological, and/or environmental data, using spreadsheets and other tools.
• Use of various geotechnical and environmental instrumentation and equipment.
• Support preparation of written reports, proposals, cost estimates, and other client deliverables, including Phase I and Phase II ESAs.
• Adhere to Site Specific Health and Safety Plans prepared for each project site. As applicable, participate in site safety briefings and audits by both contractors and us.
B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or related field
• Master’s degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering is a plus
• 0 to 2 years of related civil engineering experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in all MS Office software
• Ability and interest in obtaining professional engineering registration; has or applies for initial professional certification in their core discipline (EIT or FE)
• Ability to travel to temporary assignments across the U.S.
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Must comply with the Guiding Principles and Code of Behavior articulated in our Company Charter
• Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
• OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training preferred but not required