View all jobs
Assistant Project ManagerHartford, CT · Architecture/Engineering
The successful candidate will:
- Understand client needs and be able to develop strong client relationships.
- Be capable of managing financial and technical aspects of projects.
- Execute projects to meet technical, quality, budgetary and scheduling requirements.
- Demonstrate very strong verbal communications and written skills including client deliverables.
- Be effective in assigning and managing work.
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills to more junior level staff.
- Possess skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and scheduling.
- Direct geotechnical field observation and testing programs.
- Be able to effectively prepare recommendations for various foundation systems, including driven piles, drilled piers, mat foundations, micro-piles, and spread footings.
- Evaluate seismic hazards including liquefaction.
- Have experience specific to mid-and high-rise buildings; deep excavations, shoring and underpinning, mass grading, dewatering, and ground improvements techniques.
- Have experience with geotechnical laboratory test selection and evaluation.
- Must have a Bachelor degree in civil, geotechnical, or geological engineering; Masters degree strongly preferred
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- PE license in Massachusetts strongly preferred
- Possess project management capabilities and experience to effectively work with multi-discipline technical teams and projects
- Ability to succeed in a team-oriented environment, interfacing with a variety of different groups, to accomplish project objectives
- Must comply with company and client Health & Safety protocols
- Excellent thinking, written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Skills – Strong computer literacy skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project, as well as AutoCAD