The Operations & Maintenance Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of water plant, wastewater treatment plant and remote pump station equipment, including some distribution and collection system maintenance and meter reading, as directed by the Project Manager. Participates in an on-call rotation on weekends, holidays and outside normal workday hours. Will be required to respond to emergency or unpredictable situations. Must be able to perform all required laboratory analysis and make operational changes to treatment plants. Must possess solid mechanical repair skills while providing mechanical and basic electrical system troubleshooting and repair of pumping equipment and control switches. Working in inclement weather may be required.
· Graduation from a standard high school or vocational school, including or supplemented by courses in mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation maintenance.
· Experience in the operation and maintenance of municipal infrastructure.
· Must possess a valid IL driver’s license and a safe driving record.
· Must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs on a regular basis.
· Ability to acquire Illinois Class “D” water or Class “4” wastewater license within 1 year.
· Knowledge of computer applications and SCADA operations.
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.