What’s in it for you?
We are offering a unique opportunity to join our growing Lakeland, Florida team to provide high quality Civil/Environmental engineering services to municipal clients across the firm’s geographies and core markets. You will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of multi-disciplinary water, wastewater and stormwater projects. You will report directly to a Project Manager who provide leadership in the timely and quality delivery of services including effective scheduling and cost management control, and mentoring of the professional staff.
Who we are looking for:
You will have interest in the field of water, sanitary wastewater and stormwater engineering and have an in-depth understanding of the engineering concepts associated with water distribution, and treatment, wastewater conveyance, pumping, and treatment, and a working knowledge of civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and controls engineering related to water, wastewater and stormwater systems. You must be familiar with the construction procurement process and have experience preparing plans and specifications. Strong writing and communications skills are also required as assignments will include report writing, environmental studies, presentations, and overseeing construction of work.
What you need to succeed:
· Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Florida or ability to obtain within 6 months
· 5-10 years of engineering experience.
· B.S. Degree in Civil, Environmental or Chemical Engineering or related field.
· Experience leading the design or portions of the design of Water Distribution, Water Treatment, Wastewater Treatment Facilities, Lift Stations & Collection System Work.
· Coordinating the work of engineers from multiple disciplines and developing and monitoring phase schedules and budgets for treatment technical components of larger projects.
· Experience in Construction Administration including coordinating submittal review
· Mentoring and directing staff on technical assignments, and reviewing technical work completed by engineers under supervision.
· Interacting with clients, representing the firm in a professional manner.
· Experience with local, state, and federal regulatory permitting processes.
· Familiarity with AutoCAD, GIS or Modelling software.
· Demonstrated ability to work on projects from conceptual design through construction.
· A strong desire to coach and mentor staff
· Self-motivated and results driven