We currently have an opportunity in one of our Northern California office locations for an Environmental Planner/Scientist. Our strong and growing backlog of water resources projects will provide an opportunity to apply your planning and regulatory skills to challenging and important efforts throughout California.
· Collaborate with engineering and planning staff on leading environmental tasks as well as managing stand-alone environmental projects
· Provide mentorship of junior environmental staff
· Oversee all aspects of a project, including leading meetings with clients and regulatory agencies
· Scope projects for the appropriate level of environmental review, budget control, and invoicing
· Maintain schedules, manage subconsultants and quality control
· Manage several projects simultaneously
· Conduct business development, marketing, and proposal preparation
· 8-15 years of experience successfully preparing and managing California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents for water resource projects; permitting experience is a plus
· Experience writing environmental documents and conducting environmental analysis
· Excellent quality of work and technical experience a must
· Successful management of project budgets and schedules
· Experience with, and strong ability to, collaborate with others
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness to serve as a resource and mentor to less experienced staff members.
· Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Management, or other related planning degree and background.